Monday, January 24, 2011

It's 12:47 a.m. and all is well

I did it. Entered the Amazon Writer's Breakthough Contest at 12:01, January 24 with Night of the Mothers.

It was a lot of work: the edited and proofread 70,000 document of the novel; an author's biography, a pitch on why they should pick my book, a 300 word description of the novel, 5000 words excerpt, and some horn tooting. Now there are four stages, or hoops, to go through but all I have to do is wait for notifications.

It's been fun working on a deadline again. I was missing the NaNoWriMo frenzy until this contest started.

However, not to worry, tomorrow I go back to working on that November novel, The Light Heart, again. It's always encouraging to have another one in the pipeline as you send one out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment